To apply please follow these three easy steps
International students receive specialized support throughout their admissions journey into any ULACIT degree, from international admissions to settling in Costa Rica: support services range from visa requests, migratory procedures, accommodations, health and food services, student life, mentoring and academic support.
We have specialized support services for international students in two specific areas:
• Access to all relevant information and admission requirements
• International Admission and Enrollment Counselors
• Homologation of academic degrees and credentials
• Online and on-site payment options
• Visa and Migration legal support
• Temporary housing accommodations through our Host Family Program.
• Health and Psychosocial support through our Student Health Center
• Food Services through our campus cafeteria, “Sisu”
• Social integration through our Student Life Department
• Academic Mentoring from our Academic Program Directors
For more information international students should contact our International Student Support Center to: [email protected]
- You must present your high school diploma and transcripts from your last two years of education. The above documents must be apostilled at the government office where the document was issued.
- If the documents are in another language, the official translation of the same must be made
For more information access the webpage of the Minitry of Foreigh Affairs here: Official Translators registered for Apostilles and Authentications.
- If you are going to request validation of academic credits from previous university studies, also present the transcript of grades in your country to be apostilled. Ask your study center for the documents with the contents of each course, stamped and signed on each page by the issuing university.
- Submit the degree for approval at the Office of Quality Control of the Ministry of Public Education of Costa Rica.
- Secondary school title duly apostilled and the notes of the last two years. Official translation if required.
- Present the university degree at the Office of Recognition and Comparison of Degrees and Titles of the National Council of Rectors of Costa Rica, in case you wish to enter one of the following programs:
• Law Degree, Criminal Law and Tax Law.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering with an emphasis on Operations Management and an emphasis on Modern Manufacturing Systems.
• Degree in psychology.
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health with an emphasis on Industrial Safety.
• Master’s Degree in Information Technology Engineering with mention in Project Management.
• Specialty in Notarial and Registry Law.
• Master’s Degree in Curriculum and University Teaching.
• Master in Project Management
- Begin the student visa application process.
Steps to follow for the admission process:
- Request a virtual consulting appointment on WhatsApp +506 6466-8297
- ULACIT entry requirements:
• Complete the online admission process.
• Submit a photograph, passport size.
• Deliver a copy of the identity card, passport or DIMEX.
• “Apostille” and homologation by the Ministry of Public Education of Costa Rica.
• Take the English language placement test.
• Enroll the induction corresponding to this academic degree.
• University baccalaureate degree in accordance with that required for admission to the career. In the case of having studies abroad, the document must have
the «Apostille» and recognition of the title by CONARE as required
- When you already have the necessary documentation, apply at ULACIT Online Admission
- Steps to follow to take the virtual English exam:
• Register for the English exam at the following link.
• Make the payment of USD 34 for the exam in one of these bank accounts.
• Send proof of payment to the following email.
• The University confirms the payment and space on the date of registration made by the client.
On the day of the test, connect 15 minutes before to perform connection, microphone and camera tests.
- Log in with your full name and indicate the email address to which you wish to receive the exam. The link to enter the platform to take the exam will arrive in your email 30 minutes before the start of the test.